Friday, January 16, 2009

A Treadmill

Today, I really have no new progress made. Last night was also a busy one with an appointment, going to Super Supplements for a small shopping trip and taking some time to walk on the treadmill we received yesterday. My in laws bought a treadmill about 5 years ago. After less than a year, my MIL found out that she had cancer in her knee and should not be putting the extra strain on it. It’s too bad, too, because she was finally starting to get a little stronger and have more endurance. Since that time, the treadmill has been sitting unused. They have so much stuff in their house that she would lay out an old towel on it and then put the cats’ food on it like a table! I asked my husband if he thought they would be willing to “loan” it to us. He has been forgetting to ask for a while. Then, I called him, yesterday, while he was over at their house. His dad pretty much said, “Yes, can we take it to your house now?” So, when I arrived home last night, there it was. My neighborhood is not all that well lit and it has been dark by the time I can go out for a walk or jog, so this will be a great help to me. I still prefer to be outside, even if it is windy or cold, so I’ll go outside when my husband is willing to go with me. However, having the flexibility to get a good cardio work out at home is wonderful!
My doctor suggested that I might get my good cholesterol up by getting more cardio. She (and I) are concerned that my good is way too low and my bad is too high. Put that together and it’s a disaster waiting to happen.
Last night, he was too tired to go, so I put on a DVD (episodes of Mork & Mindy) and walked through one episode plus a little more. It felt great and the machine still works well. However, it no longer allows me to change the incline. If I find that I use it often, I may try to convince him to buy a new one that would have everything working better and quieter. :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

That's great!!! Walking is so helpful for cholesterol - it kept my mom off drugs for it!

Marigold said...

nanoo, nanoo! :) Good for you, making the effort to improve your health.