Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Its been a while, but I'm still alive

Wow, it’s been a long time since I remembered to blog! I’ve been enjoying the Christmas holiday and all the snow we’ve had. Its perfect weather to pour on the hand knits! By the end of the day on Christmas we had over 10 inches of snow on the ground. (Nearly all of this is gone, now, but it was beautiful to look at for Christmas!) For the Seattle-area, that is very uncommon, but I enjoyed myself. I like to be at home, so being snowed in is nearly always a blessing rather than an annoyance, as it is for some. I finished a sweater for me, a pair of gloves for my mom, a scarf and hat for my sister in law, and crocheted a Pikachu for my nephew. The few gifts that I knit or crocheted this year were well received. I love to give a handmade gift that the receiver simply adores and I managed to accomplish this for this year.
During the last 2 nights, I’ve not knitted at all when I was home! My husband received Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman for Christmas, this year, and I’ve been playing with him. It has been fun, but when we finally quit for the night, it is difficult to believe that so much time has passed. I think that is why I usually knit rather than playing with him: I have something to show for it at the end of 2 hours or more! LOL
Now its “back to the grind-stone” as I have to work all 5 days this week! This is the first time I’ve done that since the first week of December, so I’m a little out of practice. :)

1 comments:

g-girl said...

that is cute that you play with your hubby! we have lego star wars as well. so addicting!