Friday, January 30, 2009

My Oldest UFO

Yesterday, I pulled out my Civil War Shawl, again. I finished several repeats of the border. Whoohooo! I really like it. This means that I am about 10% finished with the border. The border is about half of the entire shawl. I think that I am expecting too much, but I would love to get this finished in time for the retreat! It doesn’t make a good commuter project as it requires much concentration. My weekends are pretty full between then and now, as well, so it’s doubtful. However, I do plan to make it my home knitting project for the next 2 weeks just to see what I can get done.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, it's so beautiful. It would be great to finish it for the retreat - but don't put too much pressure on yourself. It's more important to enjoy knitting it.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Like Karen said don't push it, it will get done in it's own time.

Your Secret Pal

Jknits said...

I knew as soon as I saw the top of he picture which one this was! It's so pretty. Even though it has taken so long, I'm sure it will bring you pleasure for many years.

Anonymous said...

Did you have charts for this lovely shawl?

Danielle said...

I don't believe the charts are still available. The designer's information can be found through Ravelry. It would be best to send her an e-mail.