Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My Latest Plans for NaKniSweMoDo

I am planning so that I can fulfill by hope to finish my NaKniSweMo project during the year. My plan is to work on a new project, finish it, and then work on WIPs for the remainder of the month. This is the plan for every month. Of course, I do have 2 on the needles already, so I obviously will not need to start a new one every month, but I love to cast on for a new project!
There are several people in the group with finished projects already and I am just ichin’ to get mine finished. I have the sleeves and the back finished on the Siena Cardigan from Interweave Knits, Fall 2006. Because of the large (US size 9) needles it is going quite quickly. I am finally getting to the more interesting part as the patterning is only on the fronts near the button bands and that part is knit as the front is knitted. The yarn is the very soft and fluffy Misti International Pima Cotton/Silk in soft lavender. The only complaint I have is that I am constantly covered in purple fuzz! Since I wear black as a basic, it really shows. I expect that it will be at least a little better when I am no longer knitting with it, and wearing it instead.

0 comments: