Friday, January 09, 2009

Going to Portland

Another enabling thing that I found on Ravelry: the Seattle to Portland Yarn Train group. I have enlisted a friend to go with me on January 24th. We are going to take the bus from the Transit Center near my house to downtown, where we will meet up with many, many other Seattle area knitters for the 3 hour train ride to Portland, OR. Once there, we are going to visit a couple of yarn stores and a really cool bookstore. After we’ve shopped our to our hearts desire, we will board the train back to Seattle for another 3 hours of dedicated knitting time. Both my friend and I are excited to go. She said that she was hoping it was last weekend (when I was talking to her on the phone Saturday morning) as she wanted to be there instead of doing house cleaning. :) We will be leaving my house just before 6 AM and expect to get back around 11 PM. It’s going to be GREAT!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like so much fun!!! I wonder if there is anything like that on the East coast. I'd love to do it!

g-girl said...

oh, i'm so jealous!! can't wait to hear all about it!