Friday, August 31, 2007

Another New Project!

When I arrived home, last night, the yarn for Bristow was waiting just inside the front door! Of course, I had to start a gauge swatch immediately! I knit and knit, then measured. It was way, way too small and too firm a fabric! So, I ripped and went up 2 needle sizes. (The yarn is worsted weight and the pattern called for a size 6/4mm to get 19 stitches over 4 inches/10cm. The yarn label calls for a size 7-8 to get the same gauge.) Going up to a size 8/5mm made gauge perfectly and the fabric is still a little drapey. I love it! I started the waist decreases before setting it down to go to bed. I was so into the knitting, I forgot to eat last night. That doesn't happen very often. The only unfortunate thing about starting this project is that I'm using the needle that I need in order to finish the second sleeve for Durrow. I guess it'll just have to wait!

0 comments: