Monday, August 20, 2007

Project Updates

I've been knitting a little on the Spiralling Socks. I took out my tape measure and found that the sock is not as big around as I though that it was when last I measured! It is only 8" around (a women's S/M), but is long enough to be a men's medium! I was aiming for a men's large! I'm debating: do I take out about 1-1/2 inches of the length and make the sock a women's medium or do I rip the whole thing, again, and make it the men's large? I doubt I'll be happy with it if I don't start over, but at the same time I am a bit tired of the pattern. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

On a better note, though, I finished my Mystery Stole on Saturday afternoon! (Click the link to see the picture!) It came out so well. I am not sure that I would wear this one and Mom has been eyeing it all along, so when I was showing it to her yesterday, she still liked it, so I gave it to her. I think it surprised her! I enjoyed that. At first, she said, "No, I couldn't take that you spent too much time on it!" But, it didn't take much convincing.

2 comments:

Put a Sock in it said...

I like the yarn you've chosen for your Spiralling Socks. Very nice!

This pattern has given me way more trouble than it should have. My fault for making a poor choice of yarn. I don't even want to think about how I pulled out 30-odd rounds in the mistaken belief that I'd gone wrong with it!

If you can face a full frog to re-knit at a larger size, go for it. If not, you'll have a lovely pair of ladies socks. :) Tough call....

Jknits said...

The stole looks fantastic! You should be very proud of that one.

If it were me, I don't think I'd frog all that work, but I can understand why you would want to.