Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love 100% natural yarns like wool, alpaca, silk, cotton, hemp, etc. I really do not like knitting with acrylics, except in the case of sock yarn where a little acrylic (25% or less) mixed with wool really extends the life of the sock.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a folder that I purchased from Joann that zips around. It works well enough for dpns, but not so well for circulars. (I don't have more than 2 sets of straights as I prefer dpns or circs.) I'm always looking for something better to hold the circular needles.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting about 4 years (I think!) I would consider myself to be an advanced knitter. I've tried nearly every technique that I've ever read/heard about. Some I've loved, others, not so much.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes: http://froogle.google.com/shoppinglist?a=SWL&id=86bd1cfdccfdb121997c2c8321c922c3447341d2

5. What's your favorite scent? I love lavender from natural oils. I get migraines around chemical scents so I have to be very careful about scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't usually eat sugar and don't have a favorite candy. However, I love teas and coffee (especially those that are without caffeine, but I like them all!)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I also scrapbook, crochet and enjoy photography.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I usually listen to soft music by Christian artists or Classical. Once in a while I'll put on a little opera or country music. I don't, yet, have an MP3 player.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors are nearly any color that it muted. My least favorites are those that are very bright (think fluorescent!)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear all of these except ponchos. I prefer shawls for cooler days.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Boy...I really don't know. I'm always looking for some new thing to try knitting. I usually have several sweaters and a pair of socks on the needles at any given time.

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, a sweater, and the Mystery Stole as well as several other projects that are hibernating, just waiting for me to feel inspired.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular for sure. I used to only use bamboo/wood, but am starting to use some nickel plated needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 9 months?

18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving or maybe Christmas. In fact I'm currently working on knitting Christmas presents.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave Knits, and would love to have Victorian Lace Today, or other books that show different techniques.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm always looking for something new, but cannot think of any that I haven't tried that I'd like to try.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I do knit socks. 8-3/4 inches circumference and 9 inches long.

23. When is your birthday? May 23

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes, I am on Ravelry, isn't it cool? My ID is danim.

0 comments: