Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Joan" Miner

1934-2009

I don't often write about topics other than knitting, but this special lady deserves it. This is my mother-in-law, Joan. On Tuesday night, surrounded by 5 family members, she passed on to be with our Lord Jesus Christ.
She is the only person that I have never worried about giving my hand knits to. She was always happy to see another knitted gift and even asked for socks on several occasions. I knit many pairs of socks, several hats and a scarf for her over the 11 1/2 years that it was my privilege to know her. She was a considerate hostess and we often had the pleasure of her hospitality on Friday nights for dinner and cribbage. Having been in the hospital for the past several months, her chair has been empty or taken by some one else those evenings. However, it was last night that we missed her presence all the more. Several times, one of us would say, "As Joan would say it, '_____." Knowing that we will all see her again is a comfort and we are all helping one another get through this trying time.
As far as MILs go, she was wonderful and we very rarely had a disagreement.

2 comments:

Jknits said...

My condolences. She sounds like a wonderful lady and very blessed to have so many good people, including you around her.

g-girl said...

my condolences to you and your family. you were all so lucky to have had her in your life.