Friday, April 10, 2009

Another New Project!

Well, that was a short finishing streak! (Only 1 project...) On Monday evening, I returned home to find a package from Eat.Sleep.Knit. It was my April shipment for the Malabrigo Projects Club! Inside I found a skein of lovely sock yarn and a pattern. The yarn is so soft and silky that I just had to wind it and cast on. I finished most of the leg when I realized that it would never fit over my heel. I debated whether to add a pattern repeat or just switch patterns. The stitch pattern is rather unique, but in the end I decided to try Anni's April Sockamania pattern. It has been quite a while since I finished one of her lovely patterns and also many months since I finished a pair of socks. I like my socks to be firmer than she writes for and so I went down a needle size to 2.25 mm needles and then added a pattern repeat, taking the cast on stitch count from 63 to 72. This means that I will need to fudge it a bit when I come to the heel, but that's alright as I have knit enough socks to know what I am doing. :) After just a couple of days knitting, I have the first one almost completed!

0 comments: