Sunday, September 30, 2007

FOs!!

I've finished Shoney the Squid, and while he wasn't as interested in it as the Batman Legos that he received from his parents and grandparents, he did like it! He was such a little ham, all evening. (I'm sure the excitement and a bunch of sugar didn't help! LOL!!)
We were greeted at the door by him, in his Batman costume. I said, "Hey, its Batman!!"
To this, he replied, "Its just a costume. Its me, Caleb, under here!" while holding the face mask back a little so his face could be seen. He greeted each of his aunt's and his uncle's girlfriend in this manner. Of course we each, in turn, had a hearty laugh over that one.
Secondly, I finished all the main pieces for the Cabled Cardigan, tonight. I have the bodice pieces blocking now, but have to wait until they're done to block the sleeves as I don't have quite enough of the longer blocking wires to do it all at once. It looks like the shawl collar and front button and buttonhole bands will take 2-3 balls of yarn, so I still have some amount of knitting left. I'm really hoping to finish most of it tomorrow, as I have the day off from work.
Last Friday was the end of our fiscal year at work. They made a huge push to get as much of the work done as possible. When I managed to get completely caught up and finished all of the work on my desk, I jokingly told my supervisor that I would need to take Monday off as I had no work left to do, and she said, "Go for it...I'll sign the time off request!" So, I did! I'm a little excited to be able to do pretty much whatever I want tomorrow. My husband is also off work, so we'll probably try to spend a little of the day tidying up our downstairs. Right now, its hard to sit at the dining room table for meals, and we have my 16 year old brother staying with us while my parents are on their cruise. Therefore, it would be really nice to be able to sit at the table together for dinners and the like. Many times my husband and I sit on the couch to eat, but that really isn't ideal and does not work for 3 people! I'm looking forward to being able to have meals in this more ideal setting.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I just queued the squid! I love it!

Jknits said...

The squid is totally awesome! I'm sure it will be appreciated long after the legos are sent off to charity.