Thursday, September 13, 2007

Secret of the Stole

Remember how I said that I wanted to cast on for a new project? Well, I decided to join in on the fun of Secret of the Stole. I promptly came home and cast on for and finished the swatch. I added a couple rows between repeats, so it is a little off, but it does the trick! I am purposely knitting it in bigger yarn with larger needles so that I will end up with a heavier stole that I can really wrap up in. I've realized, over time, that the shawl that gets the most wear is one that I don't really like, except for the fact that it is knit out of a bulky weight yarn!
Updated to add some details... The yarn is Patons Classic Merino Wool and size 10 needles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard the Secret of the Stole KAL. Your swatch looks fab! Red is one of my favorites and will be great with this pattern. Are you going to use beads too?

Anonymous said...

Love the swatch - I can't wait to see the whole stole knitted up. You should take a picture of yourself wearing it! Happy Friday!!!! Your Secret Pal.

SYLVIE said...

I'm part of the Secret of the Stole KAL too! I chose Zephyr (Emerald).

I really like the yarn you've chosen it's a nice shade of red. I like your idea of using thicker yarn and bigger needles, What kind of yarn and size needle did you use?