Monday, September 24, 2007

Saturday's Knitting

On Friday night, I thought for sure I'd finish Durrow. I did finish all the knitting, even the neck ribbing, but still need to finish sewing up the last underarm seam. I moved on to another project on Saturday morning. I'm knitting a sweater for Elann.com. I am liking the project and finished the back on Sunday afternoon! (The yarn is bulky weight and knit on US size 10 needles, so its going pretty quickly. I have the first front almost 1/3 of the way done, too!) I hoping to get this done in record time, so that I can use the store credit that I'm earning to buy yarn for more Christmas presents!

Saturday evening, I also boiled some water to put in the washer for felting my nephew's birthday present. The stitches are still fairly well defined, even after agitating for almost an hour!! I may try it once more, but I'm sure he'll like it even if it doesn't come out exactly how I wanted it to. I knitted Shoney (on 9/15) but I may have used a yarn that was too heavy and then not big enough needles. His birthday is Saturday!

1 comments:

Jknits said...

That's quite a project! I'm sure your nephew will love it.
BTW, I've jumped in on the Secret Stole. I have way too much going on, but it was just too tempting.