Thursday, September 13, 2007

Morning Sweater Weather!

This morning, I woke while it was still dark. I shouldn't have been surprised, but it really sneaked up on me! When I opened the front door to leave for work, my eyes were met with a layer of fog. The beauty of it was not wasted on me. Fall is my favorite season. I love the cool mornings, especially when there is fog. Another thing that I love about fall is feeling the need for a sweater or lightweight jacket. I'm glad that it is not bitterly cold, but just a little coolness to the air. This season also brings with it some of the brightest colors in nature. We have a large maple tree just out our back door that brings many colors into our yard that are not there in the other seasons. What a wonderful group of reminders for how great and creative the mind of God is.

Last night, I finished the remainder of the knitting (the button placket & neck binding) on Bristow. The only thing I have left now is to sew on the sleeves. The yarn is so soft and the stitch definition just perfect. This is one of the few times that I have ever knit a pattern in the same yarn that the designer used, and I love it! I just might have to try this again!!

I've also started back to work on Durrow. I knit the cuff and a little more, then realized that I was missing some of the cabling. I think that I can use a crochet hook and fix it by dropping the stitches and then picking them back up...At least I hope that I can. It would be so great to have 2 more (Bristow and Durrow) Christmas projects finished. Then, I can start another project, right? (Yeah, I know there are 6 other projects on the sidebar, but starting is so much fun. Finishing takes a lot more concentration, though not really less fun. Maybe less exciting?)

2 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year as well. I love being able to wear sweaters in the morning, yet be able to enjoy a warm afternoon. I also like fog but then I'm a little weird.

Denise said...

I love fall too, though I miss the early morning light of summer.