Wednesday, September 05, 2007

New Sockamania Sock

On Monday, I received the latest Sockamania pattern and cast on almost immediately. After working 1 1/2 pattern repeats, I realized that it was too small. So, I ripped it out and started back with slightly larger needles and and extra 2 stitches per repeat. I tried it on and it fits very well! I'm knitting these in Panda Cotton which is very soft and I'm hoping that the touch of elastic in the yarn will make them wear well. My only problem is that the yarn splits very easily and more than once I've realized that several rows before I didn't' knit through all the plies. I did manage to drop that stitch and then fix it with a crochet hook. This is not a very easy task when knitting fair isle, but it was doable and the finished product will stand up to wear much, much better! Since starting the sock, I've been neglecting the many other projects on the needles, so I don't have any progress to show...

2 comments:

g-girl said...

gosh, i can't believe you've already started the latest pattern!! I still need to find some yarn to use!

Quail Hill Knits said...

Those socks are very striking. I am always amazed at people who knit fairisle. I am still all thums when I try,