Thursday, May 17, 2007

Next Sock

I started the second May Day Sock, last night. The ribbing is finished and I've begun the chart for the leg. I get so many positive comments from knitters on the color/pattern/yarn combination. It makes me so happy to hear that others like it, too! (This is probably, especially because they are a gift for my Sockapalooza exchange partner, whom I've never met!)

In other sock news, I did frog the Leaf Lace Sock. I will probably hold the yarn to use in the next Sockamania pattern, assuming that it will work better than with this pattern. I could use a larger needle, but don't really need to start another project right now. (I didn't need to when I cast on, but I'm taking it as the voice of reason, this time, and waiting.)

I, also, retrieved the CWS from my pile of WIPs/UFOs. I finished 1 and a half rows. I'm going to try and get another 2 rows done tonight, but only time will tell if I really can stick to it! The group begins the edging on June 1st and I would love to have it caught up so that I can start it with them.

Last weekend, my friend C and I poured over the information for the Local Yarn Store Tour that we received from the ladies at NW Handspun. We looked at the addresses and the map to figure out where we'll go and to how many stores. It looks like we'll visit only about 5-6 from Everett to Seattle. We're not going to go to Bellevue, Bainbridge Island, or south of Queen Anne Hill. Its just too far for the 6 hours that we are going to get. I am really looking forward to it. To top off the day, my dh has volunteered to have dinner and a movie waiting at home when I arrive. He really is great!

0 comments: