Monday, May 21, 2007

Lace Wing Scarf

I kept telling myself that I would not start a new project, but I just couldn't wait to start this scarf. It is the Lace Wing Scarf from Let It Rain Yarn, knit in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Tweed. This yarn is so soft that it is making the perfect scarf. I have about 14 inches knit, already! The lady in the shop said that the pattern was designed to be a first lace pattern for those that want to learn lace knitting, or a simple knit for those that have already knit lace. I found, however, that the pattern was not very easy to memorize. It took me about 14 pattern repeats before I really down! (Its only a 4 row repeat, but the the 5 stitch edging, there is pattern work on all 4 rows.) Now that I have it down, I'm zooming along, having a great time. On size 7 needles, the scarf seems to grow by several inches in a half hour! (It probably isn't that much, but it seems like it!)

When I arrived home, Saturday, there was a package waiting for me from Fire Mountain Gems, containing some bead that I had ordered to make some more stitch markers. I made these on Saturday night. (Click the picture to see it bigger.) They may or may not go for some exchanges that I have coming up!

3 comments:

knottykitty said...

I got yarn while there for the Lace Wing pattern too---a sort of denimy blue with tiny orange flecks. The silky tweed is so soft! You really have that scarf on it's way--looks like it will be done in no time---very pretty! I haven't started any of the projects yet. I was too busy driving all over the state like a maniac! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok secretpal!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHAY DER SEEEECREETPAAAL, Happy Birth day to you!!!!

I will be sending you a belated birthday gooies on Friday, you share the same B'day as my mom so somehow between the baking and wrapping of her goodies yours got sidelined........I hope you like them!!!!

Quail Hill Knits said...

So is it your birthday? Is so, hope that you had a great day and all your yarn dreams came true. Your new scarf looks soooooo soft. I like the pattern too.