Thursday, May 03, 2007

2 FOs!!

I finished the Lacy Mock Cable Socks!! Good thing, too, as my feet have been cold all morning. They're warming up, now!

This pattern was fun to knit and I think I may have even begun to figure out how to do the Kitchener stitch a little better with this pair. I've always knit socks toe-up until these last 2 pair. I still prefer the toe-up method, but am fairly confident at my skills for top-down, now, as well.


I, also, finished the last bit of work on the Dashing gloves for my SIL. I took the cue from Firefly and added a button on the cuff so that it is easy to tell which glove belongs on which hand. This really was not necessary as the gloves could fit either hand, but I found than when worn on the "correct" hands, the last bound off stitch is on the side of the little finger rather than in the palm where it feel like a small knot and irritates my hands. I'm thinking about giving these to her for her birthday and adding in a pair of needles, a ball of yarn, and a certificate for knitting lessons. The last 2 or 3 times I saw her, I was knitting, as usual. She commented each time that she really would like to learn to knit...What's a knitter to do, but enable another person into this great addiction!?

2 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

I'm jealous. I want an FO too!

Marigold said...

Sounds like a cool present to me! But then, I already knit ;)