Friday, May 04, 2007

New Socks

As I finished 2 projects, yesterday, I decided it was time to cast on for another! I bought a skein of Fleece Artist Sock yarn in a solid golden wheat color at Village Yarn and Tea. I cast on before I left the store as I had about a half hour to knit with a friend. After I arrived at home, I continued to work on the sock. I did about 3 inches, when I realized that I had started with the wrong needle size (a US 1 instead of 2!) I am knitting these for my Sockapalooza partner, and the size was going to be way, way too small. So, I frogged it and began again. I managed to get the ribbing re-knitted and started on the charted pattern. Its looking good, but I'm trying to decide whether to rip it again, as I liked the denser fabric created by the smaller needle. There is a larger size in the pattern that I could easily knit from, so I would not have to recalculate the number of stitches, pattern repeats, etc.

As I was looking at my list of WIP on my blog, this morning, I was realizing that I really should try to finish up some of the those projects which are more than half done. Maybe that would be a good thing to do this weekend? I'll just have to see what I feel like working on...

1 comments:

alison said...

Knitting already - wow! Sorry you had to frog, but now maybe the rest of us can catch up. ;0)

Thanks for trying out the pligg system. It's so fun, isn't it?!