Saturday, May 05, 2007

Decision Made

I kept thinking about the May Day Sock all day during work, yesterday. I made even more time to think about it by working on Green Gable. As I knit about 1/2 skein into it, I made the decision to frog the sock and restart on the smaller needles. This morning, I worked on it for about 2 hours and finished the first pattern repeat for the leg. It looks great, and I am sooo glad that I made the right choice. I've measured it, and the circumference is just perfect for my partner. I think she'll love them.

I've also been working on the Curvalicious Cardigan. I ripped a little of the hood so that I'd have the yarn to edge the front. I started working with this yarn and made it all the way to the last 15 stitches, when I ran out of yarn, again!! Now, I'm using some leftover brown yarn and am starting to re-knit the applied i-cord edge. I plan to knit it brown for the part that will be attached to the zipper and use the pink to edge the hood and the part of cardigan front that will not be attached to the zipper. I'm hoping it will look good.

I am pretty proud of myself that I've mostly worked on old WIPs these last 24 hours!

3 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Ok, those socks are going to be wonderful. I really like the pattern and the choice of color.
When are you going to post a picture of the Curvalicious Cardigan?

Anonymous said...

I love the colour of the yarn. the sock is looking great.

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful stuff!