Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Latest Knitting Progress

I accomplished quite a bit of knitting these last 4 days. First, I finished the front and the second sleeve of the Green Tea Raglan. I also cast on for the back and have nearly 3 inches done! Its going great, but I decided to take some time to knit lace. I was ready for a challenge, so I started the Mystery Stole on Saturday, finishing the first clue on Sunday night. Its beautiful and the beading technique used in the pattern is new to me. This has taken some getting used to, but I have the hang of it, now. I've also been trying to finish up the cuff of the second River Valley Sock. I only have about 3 pattern repeats left to go. I really want to finish this by Friday so that I can get into the drawing on the Sockamania blog. At least I have to wait for the next clue on the Mystery Stole before I can continue knitting on it. This way there is no temptation to work on it while I'm trying to set some goals for myself on other projects.
Yesterday, I was home from work, not feeling well. So, I pulled out the Civil War Shawl and finished around 12 rows!! This is represents lots of knitting time as each row takes 35-45 minutes to complete. The MS3 started me knitting lace, and I just couldn't stop. The CWS was a great outlet for that desire to knit a complicated lace pattern.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

WOW! This is going to be beautiful. Hope you are feeling better!

Karen said...

That shawl is gorgeous!! That's the Mystery Lace one, right? I love seeing them all over blogland - even if I didn't sign up myself.

Anonymous said...

wow, this is beautiful

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful....pal o'mine!!!!

I have been anxiously awaiting your next CWS update. Thank you for sharing!! It is lovely! I forgot about the 4th, it will slow your package up a bit. Maybe by Friday......you do live on the other side of the world from me!!! :)

Is the beading hard? That is one thing I have not attempted at this point but something I would like to try!!! So many things so little time right now though!!!

Hope you have a wonderful 4th. It is supposed to be absolutely dreadful where I am!!! UGH!!!! And I volunteered to work.......time and a half, and a break from the curtain climbers of the cute variety!!! Ah well!!!

Quail Hill Knits said...

The mystery stole is a great idea. You have already accomplished a great deal and the pattern (as well as your knitting) is beautiful. Looking forward to meeting you soon.