Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Vacation!!!

First, Green Gable news: I have finished the second sleeve and am about to begin the remainder of the body! I'm satisfied that I've completed this milestone.
Meanwhile, my dh & I have been invited, by my parents, to join them on vacation in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. I'm excitedly planning, now. Mom & I have been talking about what food and entertainment to take with us. I think I will scrapbook with her, while we're away. (We're only going for 3 days and 2 nights, but they are all mid-week, so I'll be off work!) I need to clean out my scrapbook bag, re-organizing it and removing anything that is finished or that I won't be working on while over there. It currently weighs about 80 pounds!
I'm also planning on taking Green Gable to knit on in the car, since dh will drive most of the way. Its about a 6 hour trip, so that equates to plenty of time to knit on it. Hopefully, I'll finish just before we arrive. This way, I won't feel guilty when we go scrapbooking & yarn store hopping and I buy a new project to start. I love to buy yarn at "new" stores. Its one of my favorite things to do while on vacation. I'm probably going to buy yarn that can be used for this month's Bag of the Month. I wasn't very excited about last month's bag, and I only joined at the end of February, so this would be my first project knit with the group. Its a beautiful slip stitch pattern that creates a nice felted bag. Add some lining and a sturdy bottom & its just about perfect!!

1 comments:

g-girl said...

i absolutely love the color of the green gable you're working on!!