Friday, April 27, 2007

Snowmen Finished!

Last night, while watching the movie "Freedom Writers," I worked on Snowmen & Skates. I finished the snowmen! They're looking pretty even, but I still think that they will require a good blocking. I do like knitting in fair isle and will start another project in color work. I'm thinking of trying mosaic color work for my next project. I like Arietta, that just came out from Knitty and this is a technique that I have not, yet, tried.

By the way, the movie was great and based on a true story. It was well acted by all and I think Hilary Swank did a great job as the influential and dedicated teacher. However, this isn't a film that I would buy as it does have gang violence & language (these give it a PG-13 rating, but it was necessary to convey how those kids lived.)

3 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

The snowmen look great. I look forward to seeing the finished result.
I also looked at Arietta from Knitty. However, I have to complete projects that I have started but not gotten around to comepleting before I take it on.

Danielle said...

Happy little snowmen. A good block will be just the thing. It always makes me feel finished or nearly finished when I block

Anonymous said...

My gosh, your colorwork looks absolutely stunning - these snowmen are so cute! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your project!