Thursday, April 05, 2007

On the Sewing Front

These past 4 days, I've not been knitting at night, like I usually do. I've been sewing! Its been quite a while since I've done this, but I decided that I would sew an Easter dress for myself. The process has been going very well. I've been taking lots of time, ironing each step as I finish it. The results are great! After 2 nights of sewing for a couple hours each night, I have almost finished! I need to add a second row of trim on the top of the waistband, add 2 rows of trim near the hem, put in the zipper and hem it. I figure that I'll work on it another 2 hours, or so on Saturday and it will be all ready, and just in time, too! Since lavender is one of my favorite colors and it seems to fit really well, I think that this one will become one of my favorite dresses. Now, I just wish that I had time to knit a purple shawl to go with it!

1 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Love the Easter Dress! There is something about Spring and Easter which affects me the same way. I decided this past weekend to work on a sewing project as well.