Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stash and a Little Progress


More than finished projects, lately, I have been acquiring stash! Last week, I received my Malabrigo Club shipment for March and an order form Elann on the same day, last week! I have been really wanting to knit something for spring and therefore ordered a sweater’s worth of Elann’s Lara in a deep turquoise. I also ordered their sampler bag for spring/summer in blues. I may knit the free shawl pattern that is on their website, or I may use the yarn for something else…I haven’t really decided, yet. As for the Malabrigo, I loved the idea that several others had on the Ravelry group for this club: knitting the Whisper Cardigan from the most recent issue of Interweave Knits. Now, this cardigan hardly caught my eye when I first received the magazine, but I think that was because of the rest of the outfit that the model was wearing. I liked this idea so well, that I cast on the cardigan the very same night! I made it about a third of the way through the pattern, when I realized that it was coming out too big and I probable would not have enough yarn to finish. So, I ripped it out and restarted on Sunday. I am more than half way through the first sleeve. Getting and hour and a half of knitting time during a staff meeting yesterday really helped, too!

I have also been working on a scarf that I started a couple weeks ago when I couldn’t take my current work in progress near where the receiver of the finished project would be. I have it half done, now and it is looking quite beautiful. I really should get a picture of my Fuchsia Scarf to show it off!

2 comments:

GURO said...

That yarn looks just as good as chocolate. I've given you an award on my blog, hop on over to see...

g-girl said...

can't wait to see your progress on the whisper. i didn't think much of it at first either but now for some reason it has piqued my interest.