Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More Classes!


Watching the flowers start to bloom outside my front door and then seeing the snow flurries today, makes me impatient for spring. So, I have been looking to knit in lighter colors and fabrics. However, my friend K has also lured me into taking a class on skirt knitting at Village Yarn and Tea. I don’t have much money to spend on yarn for swatches, etc for the class, so I went stash diving on Saturday afternoon. I came up with what I think will be enough yarn for a skirt in Knit Pick’s Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed. This one really does not fit with my desire to knit spring fabrics, but the colors are lovely! I started and finished my swatch for the class, yesterday. I even had it blocked by the time that I went to bed. I plan to hang it with a weight on the bottom to see how much stretching out I can expect when wearing the skirt. Since it is a 100% wool yarn, I don’t expect much, but thought that I had better check it.

I have also registered for another class with Tuulia Salmela on knitting sweaters from the top down with set in sleeves. I met Tuulia on the Seattle to Portland Yarn Train in January of this year and really enjoyed talking with her about the Kauni yarn that she had purchased. She inspired me to knit the Revontuli Shawl. I thoroughly enjoyed listening and expect to love the class. This one, I invited my friend K to join me on, so I am sure that I am just as much of an enabler as she has been in getting me registered for the skirt class!

ETA: I just received a call from VY&T. They had to cancel my skirt class due to insufficient students signed up. :( However, I emailed my friend to see what we should do instead, so we get the joy of planning another outing!

0 comments: