Thursday, February 05, 2009

Progress Update




















I have been working away, diligently on my Honeycomb vest and putting in some time on my Civil War Shawl. At the rate I’m going I will not have either finished by the retreat, but I am enjoying the projects. The shawl is time consuming and I make errors when trying to multi-task. It is so lovely that I want the border to be just right. On the vest, I am having some difficulties with the wrong side rows. They are K2P2, but the pattern is not ribbing, so it is difficult to tell when I am off, until I look at the front. Then, of course it is obvious! I have spent a ton of knitting time tinking back to fix errors like these. The combination of stitch pattern and yarn really shows the errors.
While “wasting” time on Ravelry the other day, I came across the “village hopelessly overcommitted” group. I read through a few of the posts and really had to laugh (in a good way) over one of their Village Alongs: Cast on Mania. The challenge is to cast on a new project for every day during the month of February! While I love starting projects, I think I would feel completely overwhelmed with over 30 projects started. Scary!! :}

2 comments:

~RaenWa~ said...

I like the pattern for your vest its going to be look goregous when your done you have put so much hard work into it.

g-girl said...

what a cute group! wow, your vest is going to be beautiful! all the extra care you are taking is going to show once it's finished and you can show it off!