Monday, February 09, 2009

New Project and FO

On Friday night, I finally finished a project which is test knitting that I cannot show pictures, yet. Having finished said project, after having to rip some to fix a pattern error, I decided that it was high time to cast on for another project. Casting on for something new is always a great reward. :) I started Versatility from Knitty. I knit for about an hour before bed and finished half or more of the first chart. When I awoke too early Saturday morning, I picked it up again. The first chart was finished in no time! My husband and I were attending an all day marriage seminar, so I took it with me to work on while listening to the speaker on the video. I finished the first half of it by 3 PM! After the conference, we were invited to the house of one of the couples from the day’s meetings for dinner and a movie. While there, I finished another quarter or so of the stole. By Sunday afternoon, the knitting was complete! I didn’t take the time to block it yesterday, and plan to post a picture once it is really finished, but I am just so happy about the way that it looks! I used Malabrigo Chunky in color Brisa. This was the January shipment for Eat.Sleep.Knit's Malabrigo club. I purchased 2 more balls when I went the through the checkout process for February's shipment as there were only 2 balls, originally. It took 4 balls to make the shawl with 7 chart B repeats rather than 8. I didn't have enough yarn for the extra panel, but would love to make it, so I may buy one more ball in March. I did have just a little yarn left, but I really doubt that I could have made more than 4-6 more rows with the leftovers and the entire repeat is more like 24 rows. The resulting fabric is thick, soft, and lovely! I can hardly wait to block it and see how the lace patterns open up. I need to take it and buy buttons and ribbon for it tonight and then I’ll have the motivation to go home and block it out.

1 comments:

g-girl said...

talk about a fast knitter! you finished that shawl so quickly.