Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Secret Pal 12: Question of the Week

What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?
I still like a hot meal, even when the weather is hot. However, I don’t like to heat up the house so we often grill on those nights. I usually marinated the meat for the next night, starting after dinner. Instead of cooking the prepared meat in the house, I just take it outside! When it is hot, we pair the cooked meat with a salad and don’t really need anything else, except for maybe some ice cream. :) I sometimes make my own which is so much better (and healthier) than anything store bought.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yummy!!! We grill almost every night. I even do summer squash and asparagus and such on the grill for side dishes. Everything tastes so good, the house stays cool, and no pots and pans to wash. :)

Anonymous said...

We grill here a lot in central IA. we love the taste, like fresh veggies on the grill and since we play this game of "how long before we fold and turn the AC on" it helps. we folded yesterday. but part of that is due to company company and all of jam, jelly, and canning I'm starting to have to do.

take care, you are on fast knitter.
what is your fav way to add beads to your socks? I think you may still have my email addy.

Your Pal...