Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Mittiens Finished


These only took a couple of days. They are NHM #9 from Selbuvotter, by Terri Shea. When I first started them, I wasn't sure how well I would like them. In the beginning, the multi-colored yarn seemed to hide the black patterning a little. However, now that they're finished, I love them. The pattern shows up well.
Even after using 1 skein of Knit Picks Palette for 2 pairs, I still have a little left over! I am very surprised at how little yardage was required for the contrasting color. I still have a little of the multi left over ,too. I've knit a pair of socks, and now a pair of mittens with it. There must have been more yarn than I realized in that hank!
Now, I plan to return to my February Lady Sweater. I only have 1 sleeve left to go. This was started this morning. Hopefully, I'll have it finished by the end of the week. As I look forward to finishing another project, I am trying to decide what to work on...I may try to stay with the current KAL group on my Civil War Shawl. That one is half done. Then, there's Summer of Socks, for which I have yet to start any socks. There's also Sockamania. I haven't finished any of Anni's patterns in quite a few months. However, with all the other socks I already have on the needles, I will feel guilty if I don't finish at least one of those pairs first! I suppose only time will tell. :}
Last night I received my book order from the 40% off sale at Knit Picks. I bought Knit So Fine and New Pathways for Sock Knitters. As I've been knitting from the public library's copy of New Pathways and my own copy of Selbuvotter, I've become increasingly annoyed at how the books will not stay open to the correct page. So, I took my copies of New Pathways and Selbuvotter to Kinko's last night and had them spiral bind the books. It cost around $9 each, and now the book will lay flat! This greatly helped me to finish my mitten last night, as I did not have to keep looking for the correct page. I'm contemplating having the same thing done with a couple other books that I think I will need to keep open for reference while knitting from them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a great idea for the books--I have a quilting book that is tightly bound--after yrs of using it, still closes on me.

great mittens! i need to learn this technique.

Your Pal

g-girl said...

how in the world do you keep up with all those projects!! It seems as though every post from you you've got a fo. I'm so jealous!