Monday, July 14, 2008

Several FOs

I finished up another old project, this weekend, but before that, I started 2 more. These 2 were one skein projects from the LYS Tour 2008. The first is the Beads and Butterflies Bag from Let it Rain Yarn, knit in Frog Tree Alpaca Sport. I used some black seed beads that I happened to have already. It came out well, and I have it completely finished, even lined!


The second project is a Fishy Soap Bag from Hilltop Yarns, knit in Elann’s Lustrado that I had left over from the shawl that I knit for them. This project was started at 1:00 on Saturday afternoon and finished by 4:00. What a quick project! I love it and may be making more in the future. After all that knitting on Friday and Saturday, I still continued to work on my Serpentine Socks, finishing on Sunday morning.

I stayed home from church as I had a headache. The church recently installed new carpet and the lingering, chemical smells have a forceful ability to give me migraine even when I don’t already have a headache. I played it cautiously and decided it would be best to miss out this Sunday. It has been several weeks still and the smells don’t seem to be lessening. I find this quite annoying, but there is nothing I can do about it.

After finishing my 3rd project in 3 days, I decided to cast on for another pair of socks. I still had 3 others on the needles, but was excited to replace the UFO that I had scratched off the list! I started this month’s Sockamania pattern, Celtic Cable Heel Socks, and have the first sock nearly done! I am working the shorter version of the pattern in Maizy from Crystal Palace. The yarn is very soft and lovely. Occasionally, I have a little trouble with some splitting of the yarn, but haven’t had too much trouble. It even looks like I’m going to get the whole pair out of 1 skein. Amazing! However, I originally purchased 2 skeins, planning on making taller socks, so I’m not sure what I’ll do with the remaining skein. Maybe another pair of short socks to give at Christmas?

0 comments: