Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Secret Pal 12: Question of the Week

1) What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”?
I can’t think of a yarn that would “complete” my stash. Since I don’t think of my stash as a collection, but rather as a queue of projects waiting to be started, it is constantly changing. I am not one to buy yarn and then either be afraid to use it nor to buy a yarn then like it so much that I don’t start a project out of it. Usually, I buy and cast on within days! I guess that accounts for why I have so many projects going at the same time.

2) What yarn do you never want to be without?
Sock yarn. I always like to keep a couple skeins ready to go at a moments notice. Socks can be completed in a week or two, and the yarn also doubles as good mitten and glove yarn. I mostly use non-striping yarns and especially like dark colored kettle dyed sock yarns. I also like to have the yarn for the next sweater that I would like to make. Right now, I have several sweaters worth, which is unlike me!

1 comments:

Allison said...

OMG those mittens are AMAZING! I'm so impressed. I'm terrible at fair isle and always in awe of those who can do it.