Monday, March 03, 2008

Still No FO

I'm dying, here...I really want to get this shawl (the Flower Motif) done so that I can move on, but its just taking forever! With time to knit tonight, it will get done. :) While I was at the Village Yarn & Tea last Saturday, I found some beautiful Silky Wool from Elsebeth Lavold. Of he color that I liked best, a bright turquoise, there were still 8 skeins in the same dye lot. I had a project in mind, a sweater, but when I looked at my book on Saturday night, I realized that I miscalculated how much I would need. 8 would not be enough, but I needed more like 12-13. So, on Sunday, I made a quick trip back, arriving just 5 minutes before closing. I knew that they had more in the color Charcoal, which is almost black. Fortunately, they did still have 13 even though it is on clearance. I still have too much to get done to cast on for another sweater, now, but I sure want to! If the whole truth be told, I actually want to cast for about 5 sweaters and almost as many socks! Ravelry, where I found the patterns, could be the death of me.

0 comments: