Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Questionare

I've copied this from Jen. It sounds like such a wonderful idea! :)

Welcome to the 'Christmas Edition' of getting to know your friends.Okay, here's what you're supposed to do and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!Just copy this entire email and paste into a new blank e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so they apply to you.
Then, send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person who sent it to you. It's the season to be cheerful!!! :-)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper. I just love the look of many different gold and silver papers with big bows of 2 inch wide ribbon!
2. Real or Artificial tree ? Real, we’re going to cut one on Saturday
3. When do you put up the tree? This weekend. We usually try for the first weekend of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Jan 1.
5. Do you like Eggnog? Yes, especially with a little extra nutmeg and thinned down with a little milk.
6. Favorite Gift you received as a child? A handmade quilt from my mom.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Of course! I collect them, so I usually have a difficult time finding good places for them all.
8. Hardest person to buy for? the guys: Dad, FIL, and brothers
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom & sister. Mom is easy to knit for and I can usually find something to buy/knit for my sister, too.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Why would I want to remember that?
11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail? You're supposed to send them? I usually start out with great intentions, but then just never finish. We see nearly all of our family members and friends during the season, as they all live in western Washington.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas. Who doesn't like Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye? (Of course, the ladies are great, too.)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January. I had a couple of my gifts finished and wrapped in October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never the same year, but I have added to/changed something that was given me and re-gifted it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear. I like the sophistication that it gives the tree. My husband is always wanting all blue lights, but they just aren't very bright. Those usually go in the front window.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Too many good ones to choose just one!
18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? All of our family is here, so the only travelling we do is the 5 miles or so to my parents on Christmas Eve and then to my in laws on Christmas Day.
19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Nope.
Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? Angel. I keep wanting to make one as I'm not too wild about the one we have now. All it takes is time! :)
21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas Eve at parents and then at home and with in laws on Christmas Day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Selfish consumerism and dissatisfaction with what people already have: me, me, me.
23. Shopping...mall or online? shop? Most of my gifts are knitted, so I just go to the stash or maybe the yarn store.
24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) Mostly inside. We live in a Condo and there really isn't anywhere that would be convenient to decorate outside.
25. Favorite Christmas cookie? I like to make sugar cookies with colored icing, but prefer to eat banana or zucchini bread.
26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry? No, mostly just dressy.
27. Do you believe in Santa? No.

1 comments:

Jknits said...

It's great that everyone is so close! I hope you had fun getting your tree.