Friday, November 16, 2007

Beeaaauuutiful!

When I arrived home last night, I found a package waiting for me. I won a contest through one of my Ravelry groups and the yarn has come! It is Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool, 6 skeins to make this shawl. I have so many shawls either on the needles or planning to be, that it will have to wait a while. Also, the pattern intended is so much like the Luna Moth Shawl which I have on the needles in about the same color of cotton, instead of wool.
After starting the November Sockamania pattern, Ripples, and the ripping it out as I went down a needle size, when I shouldn't, I started Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Socks, instead. I started on Wednesday night and am in the middle of the heel flap, now. The yarn is Socks that Rock Lightweight. This yarn is so soft and beautifully dyed. It is also well twisted so that there are no splits happening when I am knitting. I probably should be working on Christmas presents, but the call of this yarn was too great for me! :)

1 comments:

Shelly said...

Oooh, congratulations on your win. That scarf is beautiful.