Thursday, November 29, 2007

2 FOs in one night!

I finished the Spiralling Socks. I decided to give them to my dh as a birthday gift, instead of Christmas. His birthday was last Wednesday, but we're having a family party with his parents tonight, so they're all wrapped and waiting to go. These were knit with Dream In Color Smooshy on US size 2 dpns.
I was on a little bit of a high, after finishing one of my oldest UFOs, so I finished up the Stulpen for my SIL's Christmas gift. The yarn is a little more blue than it seems to look in the picture. These were knit with Butternut Woolens Merino sock yarn on US size 3 needles.

After finishing 2 projects, woohoo, I started a new one. This is the Moss Grid Hand Towel from Mason Dixon, using Elann Camila on size 4 needles. The fabric is wonderfully drapey and soft. It also feels like it will be very absorbent which, of course, is desired in a hand towel.
I'm still working on the Lucy Top and have about 7 inches of the front knit. I've held it up to the back and the gauge seems to be going pretty well with the smaller needle. I may not love it, or working on it, but my mom saw it again and just couldn't say enough good about the softness of the yarn and the color. I'm sure she'll love it when its finished, too. Thanks for all the well wishes on the gauge for this one. Now, if I can just stay motivated to finish it!

0 comments: