Tuesday, August 21, 2012

KAL Continues and Other Updates

Last Saturday, K and I had a wonderful time knitting on our KAL sweaters, the Cassidy cardigan. We had finished all three bodice pieces and both sleeves.  During this past week, both of us blocked our pieces in preparation for Saturday morning.  Upon meeting, we began to sew the shoulder seams, using mattress stitch. The both look great! Next, we picked up many stitches to begin the hood. I managed a few inches on the hood before we broke for the afternoon.  We agreed to finish knitting the hood by next Saturday so that we can pick up stitches for the front bands.  Maybe we'll even finish the knitting next week!

The sweater is rather bulky to carry with me, so I have continued to work on the shawl that I started last week.  I have it about two-thirds finished at this point and am really liking the way the yarn and pattern combine. I may be able to finish it before Saturday, too.

0 comments: