Monday, June 11, 2007


I finished the Rainy Day Socks, yesterday!! They are probably the best fitting sock that I've ever knit for myself. Oftentimes, I am in a little too big of a hurry to get the project finished and so I don't rip it back, like I should, when they turn out a little to long or short. This time, I did! It took 3 time of knitting the toe on the first sock to get it right, but I am so glad that I went to the extra work. The yarn is a sport or maybe even a dk weight, so the knitting on these went very quickly. They'll be great for wearing around the house on cool days or evenings. My feet always seem to be a little cold, so finding a good time to wear them should not be a problem!

My next project in line to be started was the June Sockamania pattern, River Valley Socks. I took the yarn and pattern with me over to my parents' house, yesterday, in hopes that I would finish the ones above. Since I did finish, I cast on for these. I'm knitting the toe up version, but used the Magic Cast On from Knitty. It worked well, especially because I did not have the waste yarn with me that would be required to do the crochet cast on called for by the pattern. I like the way that it is turning out and am excited to see how the pattern will begin to zigzag. So far the lace "holes" seem to run straight up the foot, whereas the pattern picture shows a zigzag or scalloped pattern to them. (I've only knit one pattern repeat, so far, and I can see it starting a little, but expect that it will show up even better

0 comments: