Saturday, June 09, 2007

Blissful Saturday Morning

When I woke up this morning, I decided that I'd like to do some more sewing for myself. However, going into my sewing room (an extra bedroom that I share with my husband for all our hobbies) I found a mess! I had scrapbooking, stitch marker stuff and balls of yarn/started projects covering my desk and the ironing board! I really do want to sew today, so I worked for about an hour to clean everything up. It looks much better, now, see? Just as I was finishing, I received a call from my mom, wanting to know when I'd like to meet her to go work out. We decided to meet only about 15 minutes later. I rushed to get my clothes changed. After our workout, we went for coffee. By the time I arrived home it was 11 AM!

I sat down at the computer to catch up on email, etc. I was only there for 10 minutes when the doorbell rang. It was the postal carrier, with a birthday package from Kathleen! She sent everything I need to start another pair of socks! The color of the yarn is perfect and the book is one that I've had on my wish list for a while! She even sent a set of size 2 needles, of which I only one 1 set and could always use another!!
In knitting news, I finished the first Rainy Day Sock and about 1/4 of the second one last night. It fits great and the yarn is so soft on the feet! (Thanks SP10 Pal!!)

1 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Hi Danielle: I'm glad you like everything. I love the projects in the book. They are a lot of fun and very portable. Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing the finished project.