Friday, May 01, 2009

Skirt II

At the same time that I was shopping for the fabric that I showed, yesterday, I found this linen look fabric that is machine embroidered with large flowers. I really liked it, too, and when I found out that both fabrics were at least 40% off and that only needed around 2 yards to make a skirt, I purchased both. I actually made this one first. It, too is from Butterick pattern #4136, but is View A. View A is a little fuller at the hem than View C. I finished this one on the Sunday morning after I shopped, having a wearable garment well before it was time to leave for church. With my white cotton tee and a lavender jacket, the outfit was lovely.
I was just a little disappointed with fit as the back of the skirt hung about an inch and a half higher than the front. (Hence the adjustment of the pattern to make the pink floral skirt.) I did manage to hem the front more than the back to even it out some, but the fit was still off just a little. I wore the skirt any way and had several compliments from my family. Since the fabric is a blend of rayon, linen and cotton, it really doesn't wrinkle easily, which is wonderful!
(Sorry for the wrinkled appearance in the picture, but I just had to post and have not done my laundry, yet, so I pulled it out of the basket and shot a picture any way.)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

All this sewing going on is making me think about getting a new machine. The old one, while a good Electric Bernina, is just not as fancy as all those new ones. Forget that I hardly ever use more than a straight line and zigzag!

Your skirts are lovely.