Monday, June 23, 2008

Ravelry Influences

Recently, I’ve been working on another sweater. I really didn’t need one more on the needles, but I couldn’t help it. I was reading some of the forums on Ravelry (part of the problem!) and someone was talking about how she had been seeing the same pattern cropping up in all of her friend’s queues. Being the curious critter that I am, I had to take a look. The pattern is a simple but beautiful combination of lace and garter stitch. I cast on the following Saturday morning! This is the third pink sweater that I have started for myself and none of them are finished yet. However, this one is coming along quite quickly, compared to the other 2. I have the body done and the first sleeve about half done, in only 10 days! I still have not been doing well at remembering to take pictures of my works in progress, but I do finally feel like I’m getting somewhere with a project.
Over the weekend, I was working on this sweater in Village Yarn & Tea. Two of the ladies that work there were commenting on how they're going to knit this one, too. Anyone that commented on the project was as pleased with it as I am.

0 comments: