Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bamboo Print Jacket Finished

I've been having so much fun sewing, lately. I have been clothes shopping several times and am having a terrible time finding things that fit. I am short waisted, so any tops that are even a little fitted, never fit well. In comes sewing as the perfect answer to the problem! As jackets are one the most problematic clothing items, I started this one. I really liked the blue satin print on the package in the lower right corner.

While in Joann, I found this bamboo print fabric, which is heavy enough to make a wonderful, season-less jacket, for 60% off! That means that I could make the jacket for about $15, counting the notions, and everything. (There were a few things that I already had, like the button and thread.)

It fits well, but when I use the pattern again, I plan to leave just a little more room in the upper back, so that I can move a little more freely in it.

0 comments: