Thursday, June 05, 2008

SP12 Questionare

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love knitting with yarns that are mostly (if not all) natural fibers. Plant, animal, it doesn't matter. I wear wool sweaters for 3 months out the year and have been known to don a cotton (or other natural fiber like linen) during the summer. I don't like yarns that are mostly acrylic or nylon and also prefer smooth yarns as opposed to mohair or other very fluffy or bumpy yarns

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I have 2 pouches from Ashland Sky, one for my dpns and the other for my circulars. If you haven't seen these, check it out! I bought mine from Elann.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 5 years. A friend taught me how to do a backward loop cast on and the knit stitch. Since then, I've been reading and learning new techniques on my own and now consider myself an advanced knitter. The only project that has ever made me decide not to knit it due to complexity at the beginning was a lace project where the open work was created by yarn overs on both the wrong and right side rows. I dropped a few stitches, which I could not figure out how to pick up again, and I switched to a simpler pattern. I do have plans to try again, but have too many other projects on the needles right now.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have a list on Google. There isn't much on it right now, but I will try to remember to add a few more items.

5. What's your favorite scent? I am allergic to most scents, but do like peppermint and lavender. I occasionally use soaps that are scented using essential oils of these two plants.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? No, however, I do like dried fruit as long as it is unsweetened or fruit juice sweetened. I also like nuts (preferable raw.)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't spin, but keep thinking that I would love to try drop spindle. I crochet a little, but mostly only for edgings on knitting. I also enjoy scrapbooking, photography and singing.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like classical, a little country, and Christian music. I do have the capability to play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like muted pink, purple, blue, and neutrals. I don't like orange, yellow or very bright colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married with 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I do wear all of these except ponchos. I often wear a 24"x72" stole that I knit.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I knit just about anything that catches my eye. I've knit toys (for my nieces, nephews, & cats) sweaters, socks, scarves, hats, mittens, gloves, slippers, & shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now? Right now, I have a crocheted tablecloth, 4 sweaters, 2 socks, a pair of mittens and 3 shawls on the needles.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, I love them! :)

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use either bamboo or metal needles. My favorites are Clover and Addi Lace.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, to both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 years. I started and am about 70% finished with a crochet tablecloth. It was just a couple months after starting this project that I was taught to knit. I've hardly ever looked back! I do love the tablecloth, though, so I do still plan to finish it...Someday...

18. What is your favorite holiday? Not sure. I like any time when the entire family gets together. I have 4 sibling, of which 3 are married. We all live in the same general area of the country (north of Seattle) but don't seem to get everyone together at the same time nearly often enough.

19. Is there anything that you collect? No, unless you count yarn!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave Knits and have my eye on More Big Girl Knits. There are several sweaters in there that I'd love to start.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to get better at fairisle. I've made a couple of projects, but am still not very happy with the way that it puckers, sometimes.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. My foot is 9" long, 8" at the ball of the foot and 9" around the instep. I wear a women's US size 8 shoe.

23. When is your birthday? May 23.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? danim

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting this posted!