Friday, June 06, 2008

Cables and Os

I've working away on my latest project, Cables and Os, from No Sheep for You. Its a lovely pattern and I'm enjoying it immensely. However, when working a complicated, but easily memorized, stitch pattern over 352 stitches, it takes forever!! I knit and knit, but seem to have little to show for it. I'm using Elann's Camila in Sunset Rose, which is lovely but not so stretchy. I machine washed and dried my swatch and the fabric does not (surprisingly) shrink and is softer, but the cables still pop. What an amazing fiber! I'm just plodding away and hope to get near the arm holes, where I'll be working fewer stitches at a time, before I tire of the project and cast on something else. Those that knit with me often laugh at how quickly I move on to something new and at how many, many projects I cast on at once! (Along this note, I have to say that I am laughing right with them, as I can hardly believe it myself!)

0 comments: