Friday, March 09, 2007

A Yarn Gift

On Wednesday night, I arrived home to a package from Jen, from the International Tote Exchange III. In it, there was a skein of Malabrigo in a dark purple colorway. The yarn is so beautiful and soft, I just had to start something with it. I went through a few books, looking for a small project, and came across a pair of gloves in the One Skein book that I had been wanting to make. That same night, I cast on for them. I haven't had much time at home to knit, and these don't make very good commuter knitting, so last night I worked on them for about an hour, getting 1 finger and most of another knitted. I'm very pleased with the way this yarn is feeling as it is knitted. Its also much stronger than I thought it might be. I've often had singles, like this, break too easily. However, I had to go find some scissors to cut the yarn at the end of the first finger! This was a very pleasant surprise. (The color is much deeper than seen here. The flash washed it out some.)

0 comments: