Thursday, March 22, 2007

Birthday Celebration Movie Night

After work and dinner, last night, I had the exciting opportunity to go out with several good friends from church. We had a wonderful ladies night out. First, we went to see “The Ultimate Gift,” which I cannot say enough about. It had a great storyline and I thought the acting was done very well. There was no language, sex, or senseless violence in it! Maybe this filmmaker is getting the right idea. It is a real tear-jerker, at times, and having the theatre pretty much to ourselves (remember, a group of women, right?) added to the teary-ness of it. Throughout the movie I kept hearing sniffles from those seated around me. Somehow, there’s less embarrassment at such a thing when no men are present. (Probably because they like to poke fun, huh?)

When the movie ended, we headed over to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream & to present birthday gifts to the guest of honor. (On Sunday, my dh brought home 7 hanks of yarn from said birthday girl, saying that she kindly asks if I could wind them into center-pull balls for her. I did this after work, last night.) My gift consisted of her wound yarn and 2 more skeins that I pulled from my stash. She loves browns and greens, and I just happened to have 2 skeins of brown 100% alpaca left from a project. They will make a great, soft scarf. I knew these 2 would be a hit, as baby alpaca is the yarn that she loves to pet when we go to yarn stores! Anyway, we stayed at the ice cream place until almost a ½ hour after they closed. We had such a great time.

1 comments:

Jknits said...

It sounds like a fabulous evening. It's so nice to have a girl's night out. Your Civil War shawl looks fabulous.
Jen