Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jeweled Steps Socks

I finished about half of the instep increases on the sock, yesterday. When I tried it on, it was huge! So, I ripped and started re-knitting, this morning. I have about 2 inches finished. I went from the size 9" down to the 8" size. Fortunately, I was able to rip back to just before the last set of increases on the toe so that I didn't have to re-knit the entire toe. The yarn is not pooling as much, and I like the effect very much. When I originally knit the Sock Madness Zombie Socks in this yarn, it pooled horribly. With 64 stitches on size 1 needles, it only pooled a little and I was already happier with the effect, but WOW, I love the effect of knitting on only 56 stitches! I can hardly believe what a great difference it makes.

0 comments: