Friday, December 07, 2007

More Christmas presents

I was at a loss as to what could be made for some of the men in my family. I decided on felted slippers. While at Village Yarn & Tea, last Saturday, I picked up enough for 4 pairs. The first is done. I felted them last night & this morning! While the pattern said that it needed 850 yards, I used only 660 (almost exactly I put the remaining yarn in the photo) and they're still HUGE! They should be a perfect match for the guy with the largest feet, FIL, with a size 13. The next 3 pairs, I plan to use the men's medium, instead of large so they're a little smaller. The yarn is Cascade 220, 3 skeins.

1 comments:

Shelly said...

I had the same problem with the felt slippers, they were huge no matter what I tried. I finally resorted to knitting and felting gauge swatches and had better luck. I also went down a size. My DH has 12EEE feet, but the men's medium turned out tothe right size. Good luck!