Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Project Updates


Since my last post, I did finish the third block on the afghan, but didn’t take a photo before putting it away. I really like it, but expect that it will be difficult to photograph until it has been blocked, so I may leave it a while before snapping it.

About 10 days ago, I was with one of my SIL. She told me all about how she made her husband (my brother) pick out a shirt for her. She has been trying to get him to tell her what he really likes best on her so that she can dress just for him when they go out on a date. He, of course, was reluctant, but eventually chose 2 different tops. One had a low scooped neck and the other was a cowl neck! Quite opposites, but her story gave me an idea for a gift for her. I am always making mental notes when a person tells me something like this. I never know when I will need a great knitted gift idea. The time came quicker than I expected when my siblings and I drew names for Christmas. We were all in different rooms at my parents’ house, so someone was walking from room to room having each of us draw. Said SIL was writing it all down and when she came to me and I told her that I drew her name, she half-yelled, “YES!” It is so nice to know that my hand-knitted gifts are appreciated.

By Wednesday, I was already getting anxious to start her gift, so I went on Ravelry in search of the perfect pattern. After finding one, I clicked over to Elann to search for the perfect yarn. I found Elann's Peruvian Highland Chunky and purchased 14 skeins, enough for a pullover. The color is gray, but is a heather with red, blue and yellow in it. I think that it will be a lovely, classic color for a rather simply garment. The yarn came on Saturday and I cast on almost immediately. By the end of Sunday, I had finished the back and most of the front. The sleeves were both finished before I arrived home yesterday! It is now drying. I am really hoping to get the whole thing sewn together tonight and then, I can start working on the neck.

0 comments: