Friday, November 13, 2009

Great Recipe


I recently worked with Monica Woolsey, trying out her recipes for a nutritional counselling service that she was getting ready to launch. One of those recipes was Kung Pao Chicken. I didn't feel like that meal on the day that she intended, but did make it last Wednesday. (This was a few weeks after she sent me the recipe.) I made some changes, like using canola oil instead of peanut oil, as I already had it in the house. I also added broccoli to the dish. It was spicy and delicious! The flavor was similar to the orange chicken at Panda Express, but I am sure that it was much healthier! With all the carrots, celery, onion and water chestnuts, along with chicken and peanuts this was a tasty, high protein and low carbohydrate meal that was thoroughly enjoyed by both my husband and myself.

0 comments: